1. Haiyi Member

Laravel 5 projects shows a blank page

Topic geplaatst op: 26-09-2017 om 14:06

Hello, recently I have found all my Laravel projects show a blank page with "500 internal error" in the console!! How can I fix it??
    I uploaded my Laravel 5 project's public folder content to my sub-domain folder inside public_html folder. Also I kept the remaining Laravel files in another folder with my project name. I put the folder with my project name at the same level as public_html folder. Finally I changed index.php to redirect to the folder with my project name in order to load bootstrap files, also set permission rights to 777 to storage folder. It used to work, but recently I have found all my Laravel projects show a blank page with "500 internal error" in the console!! How can I fix it??

2. Tom Versio medewerker
    Reactie geplaatst op: 26-09-2017 om 14:28

See https://www.versio.uk/articles/370-how-do-i-turn-on-php-errors how you can show php errors in your website.

Vond u dit antwoord nuttig?

3. Haiyi Member
    Reactie geplaatst op: 26-09-2017 om 14:52

Thanks a lot! I turned on PHP errors and found out the error is in my vendor/laravel folder. Then after some Googling, I realized the PHP version is lower than 5.6, so I set it to 7.0, then projects worked! Thanks again!

4. Tom Versio medewerker
    Reactie geplaatst op: 26-09-2017 om 14:59

You're welcome!